- Producer: Stewart Cellars - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Blair Guthrie
- Region (AVA): Napa Valley (Napa)
- Blend: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vintage production: 1,250 cases
- Winery location: Yountville
- Owners: Michael Stewart
- First vintage:
- Drinking window: 2019-2030
About The Wine
Stewart's Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 was entirely with fruit from the Max Vineyard in eastern Yountville, lending it the distinctive elegance this cooler-climate part of Napa is known for.
Whole-berry fermentaion in stainless steel fermenters was followed by wet cap immersion, totalling 26 days of maceration. It was racked into French oak barrells (70% new) for 22 months prior to bottling.
Stewart Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
"Juicy black and blue fruit meet a swath of rich dark chocolate in this well-made wine, with the tannins nicely soft and resolved. Hearty in style, it retains savory, earthy components of cedar and dried herb."
92 points, Wine Enthusiast (Jan. 2021)