- Producer: SPEAR Vineyards & Winery - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Ofer Shepher
- Region (AVA): Santa Ynez Valley (Sta. Ria Hills)
- Blend: 100% Chardonnay
- Vintage production: c.250 cases
- Winery location: Sta. Rita Hills
- Owner: Ofer Shepher
- First vintage: 2016
- Drinking window: 2020-2030+
About The Wine
The 2018 Gnesa Vineyard Chardonnay comes from the estate vineyard located immediately to the west of the home ranch. Planted in 1997 by the Gnesa family, this self-rooted parcel is entirely clone 5 planted on a north facing slope of pure Arnold sand.
The grapes were harvested on 26th October at a Brix of 24.4, and had 12 months élevage in neutral French oak barrels.
SPEAR Estate Gnesa Vineyard Chardonnay 2019
"The 2019 Chardonnay Gnesa Vineyard is bright, focused and full of energy. Lemon peel, white flowers, chalk and chamomile lend notable vibrancy to this complex, multidimensional Chardonnay. All the elements are so well balanced."
93 points, Antonio Galloni (Vinous, June 2021)