- Producer: Linne Calodo - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Matt Trevisan
- Region (AVA): Paso Robles (Willow Creek)
- Blend: 71% Grenache, 22% Syrah, 7% Mourvèdre
- Vintage production: 900 cases
- Winery location: Willow Creek
- Owners: Matt and Maureen Trevisan
- First Vintage: 2001
- Drinking window: 2019-2025+
About the Wine
The Sticks and Stones 2017 was aged for 15 months in a combination of 2,000L concrete tanks and 2,500L French oak foudre.
Linne Calodo 'Sticks and Stones' Grenache 2017
"The amount of black, blue, and red fruit from Matt Trevisan’s 2017 Sticks And Stones just about knocks you over, and it opens up with time in the glass to show beautiful ground pepper, flowery incense, and spice-laced aromas and flavors. With full-bodied richness, sweet, polished tannins, and no sensation of weight or heaviness, this beauty makes the most of the 2017 vintage and is a brilliant wine. The blend is 71% Grenache, 22% Syrah, and 7% Mourvèdre, aged in foudre, concrete tanks, and new puncheons."
96 points, Jeb Dunnuck (Oct. 2019)