- Producer: Linne Calodo - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Matt Trevisan
- Region (AVA): Paso Robles (Willow Creek)
- Blend: 69% Grenache, 28% Syrah, 3% Graciano
- Vintage production: 500 cases
- Winery location: Willow Creek
- Owners: Matt and Maureen Trevisan
- First Vintage: 2001
- Drinking window: 2020-2030+
About the Wine
Rising Tides is Linne Calodo's flagship wine as it is the true essence of a blend aiming for balance between vineyards, varietals and aging vessels every year. This wine embodies the beauty that comes from cheerful and bright Grenache being buttressed and grounded by a brooding, rich, and powerful Syrah.
The Rising Tides 2018 was aged in 15 months in concrete tank and 500L French and neutral aok puncheons.
Linne Calodo Rising Tides 2018
“Opaque ruby. Ripe red/blue fruits, potpourri, incense and exotic spices on the deeply perfumed, expressive nose. Stains the palate with sweet boysenberry, Chambord and floral pastille flavors, which are sharpened by energetic mineral and white pepper flourishes. Shows serious depth and power but comes off lively and delivers strong floral thrust on the extremely long, spicy, gently tannic finish."
97 points, Josh Reynolds (Vinous, Dec. 2020)