- Producer: Linne Calodo - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Matt Trevisan
- Region (AVA): Paso Robles (Willow Creek)
- Blend: 54% Grenache, 30% Mourvèdre, 14% Syrah, 2% Tannat
- Vintage production: 490 cases
- Winery location: Willow Creek
- Owners: Matt and Maureen Trevisan
- First Vintage: 2001
- Drinking window: 2017-2024+
About the Wine
In 2015, Linne Calodo faced a deep reduction in yields of Syrah, but Grenache took the opportunity to jump to the head of the class, leading this blend. Healthy acidity comes across with notes of rhubarb, violets and blood orange. Soft aromas of sandalwood intermingle with the delicacy of falling rose petals. Chalky tannins pay homage to the calcareous mudstone and shale the vines have been raised in.
Aged in a 3000L French oak foudre and a 2000L concrete tank.
Linne Calodo 'Rising Tides' 2015
“Vivid ruby. Intense red fruit liqueur, spicecake and floral pastille aromas develop suggestions of licorice and smoky minerals in the glass. Sappy and deeply concentrated yet impressively energetic as well, offering palate-staining raspberry and cherry compote flavors given lift and spine by a core of juicy acidity. Shows a striking combination of richness and elegance and finishes extremely long and seamless; supple tannins sneak in slowly to add shape and grip."
95 points, Josh Reynolds (Vinous, Nov. 2017)