- Producer: Linne Calodo - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Matt Trevisan
- Region (AVA): Paso Robles (Willow Creek)
- Blend: 70% Zinfandel, 20% Syrah, 5% Carignan, 5% Graciano
- Vintage production: 900 cases
- Winery location: Willow Creek
- Owners: Matt and Maureen Trevisan
- First Vintage: 2003
- Drinking window: 2020-2030+
About the Wine
If you are looking for Zinfandel, look no further. This is one of the best examples of Zinfandel in the whole state of California. As usual, the bold audacity of Zinfandel is tamed by skillful blending with Syrah, Carignan, and Graciano. It’s like obedience school for the Problem Child, each grape helps develop the wine into a knowledgeable 'smart ass' that will test the boundaries.
The Problem Child 2018 was aged in 30% new oak, and 70% neutral American oak puncheons.
Linne Calodo Problem Child 2018
"The Zinfandel-dominated 2018 Problem Child includes 20% Syrah and tiny amounts of Carignan and Graciano and spent 15 months in 25% new French and American oak. Inky colored with powerful notes of black and blue fruits, sappy herbs, smoked game, and ground pepper, it hits the palate with a lush, full-bodied, sexy texture that carries light tannins and brilliant length."
95 points, Jeb Dunnuck (Sept. 2020)