- Producer: Linne Calodo - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Matt Trevisan
- Region (AVA): Paso Robles (Willow Creek)
- Blend: 50% Grenache Blanc, 30% Picpoul Blanc, 20% Viognier
- Vintage production: 200 cases
- Winery location: Willow Creek
- Owners: Matt and Maureen Trevisan
- First Vintage: 2002
- Drinking window: 2019-2024+
About the Wine
Long ago, winemaker Matt Trevisan swore he would never make a white wine. Contrary to that, the summer heat of Paso Robles begged him for a refreshing wine to consume during the day. The white blend was born in 2002 and from there evolved to an interesting blend utilizing Estate grenache blanc and picpoul blanc.
Linne Calodo 'Contrarian' Grenache Blanc 2018
“A stunning blend of Grenache Blanc, Picpoul Blanc, and Viognier. Contrarian is 100% estate grown and co-fermented in concrete tanks. A soothing touch of minerality runs through and connects the consumer to the land from which it comes. In all my years of producing Contrarian, I think I'm getting closer and closer to crafting exactly what I seek. Delicious from the first sip, the wine is tamed by a small addition of Viognier that helps round out the palate and pushes it to the next level. Contrarian is ready to drink now, or can age for 5-8 years. "
Matt Trevisan, Linne Calodo (Owner & Winemaker)