- Producer: LEVY & McCLELLAN - read about the Estate
- Winemakers: Martha McClellan & Bob Levy
- Region (AVA): Napa Valley (Napa Valley)
- Blend: c.80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot, 5% Cabernet Franc
- Vintage production: c.225 cases
- Winery location: Napa Valley
- Owners: Martha McClellan & Bob Levy
- First vintage: 2004
- Drinking window: 2020-2040
About The Wine
LEVY & McCLELLAN ferment their wines 100% in French Oak barrels (225L), with 100% of the fruit from their estate vineyard. Typical yield hovers at just below 2 tons per acre, but in 2016 yields were a bit higher, at 2.24 tons per acre. The wines are typically aged for approximately 28 months in 100% new French Oak.
LEVY & McCLELLAN AMPERSAND 2018
"Youthful with a super concentrated core of really intense black fruit and cassis. Some seriously dark chocolate notes emerge with time. Reserved now but there’s so much to come. The palate is seriously expressive and super juicy, with a lovely texture that’s sumptuous up front, building to ca rich and very mineral-driven core. The fruit really stands out and it’s gorgeous, more brambly in nature. There’s so much to enjoy already, and I can’t wait to follow its evolution."
Four Corners Wine (Dec. 2021)