- Producer: LEVY & McCLELLAN - read about the Estate
- Winemakers: Martha McClellan & Bob Levy
- Region (AVA): Napa Valley (Napa Valley)
- Blend: c.80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc, 5% Petit Verdot, 5% Merlot
- Vintage production: c.150 cases
- Winery location: Napa Valley
- Owners: Martha McClellan & Bob Levy
- First vintage: 2004
- Drinking window: 2030-2070
About The Wine
LEVY & McCLELLAN ferment their wines 100% in French Oak barrels (225L), with 100% of the fruit from their estate vineyard. Typical yield hovers at just below 2 tons per acre.
LEVY & McCLELLAN 2018
"Fabulous aromatics, so intense and deep, really dark Cabernet fruit, some tapenade and scorched earth, lots of high ‘top notes’ tucked away, so many layers with a hint of almost sweet beef stock/resting juices. This palate is ‘WOW’ from the outset, with glorious tannins and structure leading to an intense and rich mid-palate of total purity. The fruit goes on and on, all sitting on the most amazing backbone of tannin, energy and crispness, and an epic finish. Hugely complex with so much to emerge over time. Brilliant."
Four Corners Wine (Dec. 2021)