- Producer: Hilliard Bruce - read about the Estate
- Winemakers: John Hilliard and Christine Bruce
- Region (AVA): Santa Ynez Valley (Sta. Rita Hills)
- Blend: 100% Pinot Noir
- Vintage production:
- Winery location: Sta. Rita Hills
- Owners: John Hilliard and Christine Bruce
- First vintage: 2008
- Drinking window: 2016-2024+
About the Wine:
Hilliard Bruce's most prestigious releases each year is the Moon bottling which is from block 1, immediately adjacent to the Estate entry gate. The single Pommard clone is planted here on a gentle, east facing slope.
The 2014 Moon was the darkest, meatiest and most spicy Pinot in the cellar, coming from the sandiest portion of the Estate.
The Moon is destemmed, gently punch downs, long cool fermentations, aged for 18 months in 1/3 new French oak barrels and 2/3 neutral French oak.
Hilliard Bruce Vineyards 'Moon' Pinot Noir 2014
“A big step up, with notes of spice, forest floor, sweet cherries, and dried flowers, the silky, elegant, totally finesse-oriented 2014 Pinot Noir Moon spent 18 months in 50% new oak and is all from the Pommard clone. Shining for its purity, silky texture, complexity and length, enjoy it anytime over the coming 7-8 years."
94 Points, Jeb Dunnuck (The Wine Advocate, Aug. 2016)