- Producer: Hilliard Bruce - read about the Estate
- Winemakers: John Hilliard and Christine Bruce
- Region (AVA): Santa Ynez Valley (Sta. Rita Hills)
- Blend: 100% Pinot Noir
- Vintage production: <50 cases
- Winery location: Sta. Rita Hills
- Owners: John Hilliard and Christine Bruce
- First vintage: 2008
- Drinking window: 2018-2028
About the Wine:
The Sun Pinot Noir is comprised of Dijon clones 115, 667 and 777 from a single parcel directed towards the mid-day sun. This bottling consistently demonstrates the most exuberantly fruit-forward offering from our sustainably farmed estate.
Hilliard Bruce Vineyards Clone 667 Pinot Noir 2016
“Coming from a single pick of the Clone 667 Pinot Noir in the Sun block of the estate Vineyard, which is a warmer, sandy, south facing parcel, the 2016 Pinot Noir Clone 667 is similarly colored and a slightly more reserved, nuanced, Burgundian bouquet of red currants, spiced cherries, scorched earth, sous bois, and dried orange peel. Silky, elegant, and layered on the palate, it carries plenty of depth and richness, yet glides across the palate. While from the same parcel as the Pinot Noir Sun release, it’s a deeper, more backward wine that’s going to benefit from a year or two of bottle age and cruise for a decade in cool cellars."
95 Points, Jeb Dunnuck (Oct. 2018)