- Producer: he-li-an-thus - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Jason Exposto
- Region (AVA): Soda Canyon (Napa Valley)
- Blend: 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Merlot, 15% Petit Verdot, 5% Cabernet Franc
- Vintage production: 374 cases
- Winery location: Oakville (Futo)
- Owners: Jessica Futo & Jason Exposto
- First vintage: 2013
- Drinking window: 2016-2036
About The Estate:
he-li-an-thus is a single vineyard wine crafted by Jason Exposto and Jessica Futo. Located in an unmarked territory (AVA), Ed and Jan Brown’s vineyard in the southern Napa Valley foothills displays all of the virtues of distinction - exposition, exposure, climate, and complexity of soil.
On extremely rocky volcanic soils, at an elevation of 300ft at the southern end of the valley, the site experiences huge diurnal shifts in temperature, with very cool foggy mornings. But with a southwestern exposition, it is bathed in sunshine long into the evening. The resulting wine is singular in its three dimensional aromatics, and concentrated yet ethereal frame.
The Helianthus embodies the spirit of Jessica and Jason's work; beautiful to the senses, but with extreme precision in arrangement.
he-li-an-thus 2014 MAGNUMS
"Blueberry, stone, currant and mint aromas. This is really layered and fantastic. Detailed. Full-bodied yet fresh and intense. Love the stone, currant and bark flavors."
97 points, James Suckling