• Producer: Double Diamond - read about the Estate
  • Winemaker: Thomas Rivers-Brown
  • Region (AVA): Napa Valley (Oakville)
  • Blend: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
  • Vintage production: n/a
  • Winery location: Calistoga
  • Owners: Fred Schrader & Constellation Brands
  • First vintage: 2001
  • Drinking window: 2021-2035

 

 

About The Wine

 

The Double Diamond Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 is a luxurious and refined expression of the classic Schrader Cellars style crafted expertley by Fred Schrader's right-hand man, winemaker Thomas Rivers-Brown.

 

The source of it's expcetional quality lies in the 80% of the fruit being sourced from the legendary To Kalon Vineyard® in Oakville, with the remaining 20% coming from Schrader's Estate vineyard in central Oakville. It was aged for 16 months in oak, 50% of which is new.

 

Napa's 2018 vintage has already been hailed as a true classic by winemakers and critics alike. The prefect, mild season meant grapes were harevested at their optimum ripeness, and vineyard-expression was incredible throughout the Valley.

 

Double Diamond Cabernet Sauvignon 2018

£65.00Price
  • "Readers looking to get a taste of the impeccable quality and style from Schrader at a more affordable price point would do well to check out the 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Double Diamond. Coming all from Oakville, it has a classic Cabernet nose of black and blue fruits, green tobacco, cedar pencil, damp earth, and chocolate. It's not over the top and has beautiful varietal character as well as medium to full body, ripe yet present tannins, good overall freshness, and a great finish. This is beautifully done and well worth a case purchase. I'd lean toward drinking bottles over the coming 10-12 years, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see it evolve longer. It's a candidate for the best Napa Cabernet under $100."

    95 points, Jeb Dunnuck (Jan. 2021)