- Producer: Clos Solène - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Guillaume Fabre
- Region (AVA): Paso Robles (Paso Robles)
- Blend: 95% Syrah, 3% Viognier. 2% Grenache
- Vintage production: 400 cases
- Winery location: Willow Creek
- Owners: Guillaume & Solène Fabre
- First Vintage: 2007
- Drinking window: 2024-2034+
About the Wine:
The Hommage ã Nos Pairs is Guillaume's homage to those that have taught his, inspired him and believed in him throughout his life. Coming from the finest terroirs in the Willow Creek area, it has 5% of the first Estate fruits. The grapes are co-fermented at harvest in the style of the very top wines of the Côte-Rôtie..
The wine spend 21 months in 320L French oak barrels, 50% new.
Clos Solène Hommage à Nos Pairs Reserve 2018
“Saturated purple. Deep-pitched, smoke- and spice-tinged cassis, cherry liqueur, incense and floral aromas show superb definition and a touch of espresso. Sweet and broad in the mouth, offering deeply concentrated black/blue fruit preserve, floral pastille and candied licorice flavors, along with suggestions of black cardamom and vanilla. The extremely long, chewy finish features smoky mineral cut, intense blue fruit character and firm, youthfully gripping tannins."
96 points, Josh Reynolds (Vinous, Oct. 2020)