- Producer: Cliff Lede Vineyards - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Christopher Tynan
- Region (AVA): Napa Valley (Napa Valley)
- Blend: 86% Sauvignon Blanc, 12% Sémillon, 2% Sauvignon Vert
- Vintage production: 8,428 cases
- Winery location: Stag Leap District
- Owner: Cliff Lede
- First vintage: 2004
- Drinking window: 2018-2021
About The Wine:
Vintners won’t soon forget the 2017 vintage in Napa Valley. A wet winter provided welcome relief from a prolongeddrought that began with the 2012 vintage. Spring arrived early,bringing with itwarm weather and soaking rainsthat segued to an early budbreak and the development of beautiful canopies.The season trended warmand was punctuated with a series of heatwaves, the most dramatic one over Labor Day weekend. The well-developed canopiesprotected the fruit in the heatand developed beautiful tropical flavors that led to a wine with lively fruit and voluptuous body. CLV began their harvest of Sauvignon Blanc on August 29th and brought in the last white varieties, Sémillon and Sauvignon Vert, by September 13th.
Cliff Lede Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2017
"Features mandarin orange, melon and peach flavors, with a dash of cocktail bitters and notes of green tea lending some intrigue. Sturdy acidity. Drink now."
89 points, Wine Spectator (July, 2019)