- Producer: Bevan Cellars - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Russell Bevan
- Region (AVA): Napa Valley (Oakville)
- Blend: 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Petit Verdot
- Vintage production: 1,451 cases
- Winery location: Oakville
- Owners: Russell Bevan & Victoria De Crescenzo
- First vintage: 2011
- Drinking window: 2019-2035+
About The Wine
The Tench Vineyard is also the location of Bevan's winery, and the 17 acres under vine share a fenceline to the south with the Screaming Eagle vineyard. It is located on some of, if not THE finest vineyard land in the Napa Valley.
The Tench Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon comes from two special blocks. Texturally, this wine does not feel tannic, but has one of the highest tannin loads of Bevan's wines, which speaks to the sweetness of the fruit.
Bevan Cellars Tench Vineyard EE Red Wine 2017
"A blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon and 40% Cabernet Franc from the redder iron soils in the center of the vineyard, the 2017 Tench Vineyard EE Red Wine is another incredible wine in this lineup. Deep purple/black-colored, with mineral-drenched notes of blackcurrants, ground herbs, earth, graphite, and crushed rocks, it has an “iron fist in a velvet glove” style on the palate, loads of tannins, good acidity, and a big finish."
98 points, Jeb Dunnuck (Jan. 2020)