- Producer: Bevan Cellars - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Russell Bevan
- Region (AVA): Napa Valley (Oakville)
- Blend: 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Cabernet Franc, 5% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Vintage production: 220 cases
- Winery location: Oakville
- Owners: Russell Bevan & Victoria De Crescenzo
- First vintage: 2011
- Drinking window: 2016-2031
About The Wine
The Tench Vineyard is also the location of Bevan's winery, and the 17 acres under vine share a fenceline to the south with the Screaming Eagle vineyard. It is located on some of, if not THE finest vineyard land in the Napa Valley.
The Tench Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon comes from two special blocks. Texturally, this wine does not feel tannic, but has one of the highest tannin loads of Bevan's wines, which speaks to the sweetness of the fruit.
Bevan Cellars Tench Vineyard EE Red Wine 2014
"Absolutely perfect is the incredible blend – the 2014 Proprietary Red EE. Only 220 cases were made of this wine that was aged in equal parts Taransaud and Darnajou. It has a compelling fragrance of spring flowers, blackberry and cassis, graphite, licorice and truffle. The wine has incredible length, density, full body and superb finish of close to 50+ seconds. It is a big, super-complex wine already, and should continue to offer off-the-charts drinking pleasure for another 15 or more years."
100 points, Robert Parker (Oct. 2016)