- Producer: Bevan Cellars - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Russell Bevan
- Region (AVA): Napa Valley (Oakville)
- Blend: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vintage production: 1,005 cases
- Winery location: Oakville
- Owners: Russell Bevan & Victoria De Crescenzo
- First vintage: 2011
- Drinking window: 2022-2042+
About The Wine
The Tench Vineyard is also the location of Bevan's winery, and the 17 acres under vine share a fenceline to the south with the Screaming Eagle vineyard. It is located on some of, if not THE finest vineyard land in the Napa Valley.
The Tench Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon comes from two special blocks. Texturally, this wine does not feel tannic, but has one of the highest tannin loads of Bevan's wines, which speaks to the sweetness of the fruit.
Bevan Cellars Tench Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
"Iron, crushed rocks, spice, and scorched earth notes all dominate the 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Tench Vineyard, a rich, powerful yet balanced wine. Showing the purity of fruit that's classic in the vintage, ripe tannins, terrific balance, and a big finish, it's going to benefit from 2-4 years of bottle age."
96-98 points, Jeb Dunnuck (Jan. 2020)