- Producer: Bevan Cellars - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Russell Bevan
- Region (AVA): Napa Valley (Oakville)
- Blend: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vintage production: 885 cases
- Winery location: Oakville
- Owners: Russell Bevan & Victoria De Crescenzo
- First vintage: 2011
- Drinking window: 2020-2035+
About The Wine
The Tench Vineyard is also the location of Bevan's winery, and the 17 acres under vine share a fenceline to the south with the Screaming Eagle vineyard. It is located on some of, if not THE finest vineyard land in the Napa Valley.
The Tench Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon comes from two special blocks. Texturally, this wine does not feel tannic, but has one of the highest tannin loads of Bevan's wines, which speaks to the sweetness of the fruit.
Bevan Cellars Tench Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
"The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Tench Vineyard, which was tasted as a barrel sample, is a lifted, sexy wine that has exotic notes of blueberries, spring flowers, peach pit, and liquid violets. With a touch of chocolaty oak, full body, terrific tannin quality, and a great finish, it's not going to match the 2016, yet it's a thrilling 2017 barrel sample that's loaded with charm."
95-97 points, Jeb Dunnuck (Jan. 2019)