- Producer: Bevan Cellars - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Russell Bevan
- Region (AVA): Napa Valley (Oakville)
- Blend: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vintage production: 885 cases
- Winery location: Oakville
- Owners: Russell Bevan & Victoria De Crescenzo
- First vintage: 2011
- Drinking window: 2020-2035+
About The Wine
The Tench Vineyard is also the location of Bevan's winery, and the 17 acres under vine share a fenceline to the south with the Screaming Eagle vineyard. It is located on some of, if not THE finest vineyard land in the Napa Valley.
The Tench Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon comes from two special blocks. Texturally, this wine does not feel tannic, but has one of the highest tannin loads of Bevan's wines, which speaks to the sweetness of the fruit.
Bevan Cellars Tench Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
"From the rockiest parts of the vineyard right along the road, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Tench Vineyard offers that classic Tench iron and marine hints as well as fabulous crème de cassis, nori, ground herbs, graphite, and crushed rocks. Deep, powerful and structured, yet with polished tannins, it's another beautiful, deep, textured wine from this estate."
97 points, Jeb Dunnuck (Jan. 2020)