- Producer: Bevan Cellars - read about the Estate
- Winemaker: Russell Bevan
- Region (AVA): Napa Valley (Napa Valley)
- Blend: 60% Cabernet Franc, 40% Merlot
- Vintage production: 1,042 cases
- Winery location: Oakville
- Owners: Russell Bevan & Victoria De Crescenzo
- First vintage: 2011
- Drinking window: 2022-2042+
About The Wine
The Sugarloaf vineyard is located in the far south of Napa Valley, in the American Canyon region. Bevan's own block is sat of two distinct soil types: black rock and red volcanic rock. It's a much cooler part of Napa due to the influence of the marine breezes from the Bay, although the large rocks in the soil radiate heat in the evening.
The fruit for the 2018 was harvested on October 17th. Coopers used were Darnajou, Taransaud, Gamba, Berge & Fils, Nadalle and Baron.
Bevan Cellars Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard Proprietary Red 2018
"A 50/50 (sic) split of Cabernet Franc and Merlot, the 2018 Sugarloaf Mountain Proprietary Red just pops on the nose with its blue fruits, wildflowers, violets, and wild strawberry aromas and flavors. Juicy and full-bodied, it has beautiful fruit, a plush, sexy texture, and notable freshness and purity.”
95-98 points, Jeb Dunnuck (Jan. 2020)